New location for 4th on Broadway celebration
Just about all of the events are moving to Mackenzie Park instead of being on Broadway between Avenue Q and University.
Organizers said this will be a permanent change of venue.
"It's going to be better than ever. You compare an event on asphalt at 103 degrees and that same event on grass, there's not much of a decision to be made and also having the advantage of shade trees, that beautiful surrounding, the parade coming down through the park, it's really going to be a beautiful event," Chairman Don Caldwell said.
There will be free parking on Canyon Lakes Drive and $5 parking at Broadway and Avenue A. Free service buses will be running all day to take you to and from the parking lots.
4TH ON BROADWAY EVENTS
AMIGOS LA RAZA ON THE PLAZA
7:30 – 11:30 PM
Lubbock County Courthouse Gazebo
1150 Texas Avenue
Tickets: $15 available at www.selectaseatlubbock.com or 806.770.2000 or any Select-a-Seat outlet
YANKEE DOODLE DASH AND SPARKLER SPRINT
7:30 – 8:45 AM
Avenue X and Broadway
Participation Fee: $20-$40 please contact Ainsley Nelson for information at 512.294.3369
The 4th on Broadway festivities continue to be a treasured tradition for families on the South Plains.
Go back in time to the Spirit of 1776 with the Yankee Doodle Dash (5K and 1 Mile) that will take you along the parade route.
The Sparkler Sprint (100 Yard Dash – free for kids 6-12) will have the children racing between the crowds as they line the streets before the parade.
4TH ON BROADWAY PARADE – LET FREEDOM RING
9:00 – 11:00 AM
Come out in your most patriotic attire and watch as dozens of wonderfully decorated floats pass by and entertain.
The parade route for 2015 will start at Broadway and Interstate 27.
It will then turn onto Canyon Lake Road and follow Cesar E. Chavez Drive up to Highway 82.
Public parking will be set up at South Plains Fair Grounds and to the south of the intersection of Broadway Street at Canyon Lake Road.
PICNIC IN THE PARK
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
11:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Activities for the whole family including arts, crafts, games, a rock wall, face painting and much more.
7 MUSIC STAGES
11:00 AM – 3:30 PM
* 10:45 a.m., West Garza, Cary Banks and Jerry Brownlow.
* 12:15 a.m., Caleb Jude Green, Gypsy Jayne and Alissa Beyer.
* 1:45 p.m., Ronnie Eaton, Steve Garry and John Sprott.
* 3:15 p.m., Corey Killough, Zoe Carter and Anthony Garcia.
Stars and Stripes Stage
* 10:45 a.m., Hub City Jazz Orchestra.
* Noon, Westwinds Brass Band.
* 12:55 p.m., Pride of West Texas Show Chorus.
* 1:45 p.m., Mariachi Mi Tierra.
* 2:35 p.m., Hannah Jackson and Ray Espinoza.
* 3:25 p.m., Mariachi Gema.
* 4:15 p.m., K-Strings.
* 10:45 a.m., Ronnie Eaton and the Cold Hard Truth.
* 12:25 p.m., The Goners.
* 2 p.m., Gypsy Jayne and the Travelers.
* 3:45 p.m., Texas Gray.
Country to Rock Stage
* 10:45 a.m., Mojave Sol.
* Noon, Outlier.
* 1:15 p.m., Mike Garrett Band.
* 2:15 p.m., School of Rock’s Dean’s List and School of Rock Rookies.
* 10:45 a.m., Crystal River.
* 1 p.m., Jerry Brownlow & Cary Banks.
* 1:50 p.m., Jim Fullingim.
* 2:40 p.m., Latrice & Corey Godfrey.
* 3:30 p.m., Gary Hall.
* 4:20 p.m., A Touch From Heaven
* 10:45 a.m., Mariachi Amistad.
* Noon, Grupo Kruel.
* 1:45 p.m., Pura Vida.
* 3:30 p.m., Deseo.
Kid’s music stage
11 a.m. to 3 p.m., students of Terri Caldwell Music.
Vendors selling food from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
RUBY TEQUILA’S TACO EATING CONTEST FINALS
Free to watch
601 Municipal Drive (look for the Ruby Tequila's tent in the kids area located at Cesar Chavez and Canyon Lakes Drive).
EVENING CONCERT AND FIREWORKS EXTRAVAGANZA
AG Junction Kids Corral 5:00 – 8:00 PM
Papa John’s Food Court 5:00 – 10:00 PM
Free Concert 8:30 PM
Gandy’s Fireworks Extravaganza Begins at dusk
All Events take place at MacKenzie Park
Convenient $5 parking available at the South Plains Fairgrounds and Canyon Lake Drive
Free Parking available at 19th and Canyon Lake Drive
* Mudflap — national anthem.
* Joy Harris: jazz, pop, originals, singer from backup band.
* James Price — jazz, pop, singer from backup band.
* Jerry Brownlow — “Break the Fall” and gospel song, singer from backup band.
* John Sprott — singer-guitarist from backup band.
* Late Additions — featured singers Caleb Jude Green, Ronnie Eaton and Danny Cadra.
* The Funk Puppets — band: funk, jazz, fusion.
* Brandon Adams — Texas country.
* Sheena Fadeyi — pop, jazz, rock.
* Cassidy King — country.
* Alissa Beyer — rock, original pop.
* Outlier — duo: original Americana.
* Gypsy Jayne and the Travelers — band: Americana, rock, pop, jazz, blues.
* Miz Ayn — blues, eclectic.
* Jeff McCreight — pop, country, rock.
* John Gillas — Music Theater, opera.
* Youth Orchestras of Lubbock — patriotic instrumentals.
* Backup musicians: Marilyn Arland, piano; Jerry Brownlow, bass guitar and guitar;
Don Caldwell, saxophone; Joy Harris, bass guitar; Jay Lemons, keyboards; Wally Moyers, steel guitar and electric guitar;
James Price, percussion; Justin Robinet, drums; John Sprott, guitar; Steve Williams, guitar.
STREET DANCE FEATURING JOSH ABBOTT BAND and SAM RIGGS
Gates open at 7:00 PM
Lubbock County Courthouse Plaza
Broadway and Texas Avenues
Tickets: $15 in advance/$20 at the gate. Tickets available at www.selectaseatlubbock.com 806.770.2000 or any select-a-seat outlet center.
Information provided by the Lubbock Arts Alliance